Tuesday, April 9, 2013

"What Worship Is Not"


      Today as a Pastor I see generations of people coming into our churches that obviously know very little about worship- if anything at all. This is apparent by the lack of emphasis that people coming into the church place on worship. This is a very alarming and troubling issue for those of us who understand the great importance and value of a powerful worship experience in ones personal life of faith. I personally feel very strongly that the Lord has given me a burden for our church on this subject. Matter of fact, this is the very first sermon series the Lord impressed upon me to share with our congregation here at Thibodaux First Assembly. I believe it is time we begin to teach the young and the old alike again today about the true spiritual experience one can have during worship. In order for me to teach our church about worship, I must teach what worship is not. In order for me to do this then I must use John chapter 4. It is here where Jesus Himself lays out for us all some of the foundational truths about worship. In verses 1-24 our Lord teaches that worship...  I.  Is not a place it’s a person,  II.  Is not an exploit of a culture it's an experience in God, III.  Is not an action it is an actualityIV.  Is not a style it's spiritual. For more on this subject please go to www.thibfirstag.org and click on the message link. Look for the Message entitled "Jesus' Explanation of Worship". Again, it is an honor to share with you the information that God has shared with me along my life of faith. 
I       
      In Christ, Pastor John E. Skipworth, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment