Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Two Aspects of Corporate Worship Many Never Understand

Have you ever been guilty of asking the question,"Why do we have to sing/ worship when we go to church"? How about this one? Have you ever said, "I wish they would just quit singing/ worshiping and let the preacher share his message"? The reason I ask these questions is because I have heard several people make comments like this during my years in the church. Several years ago I was on another church staff with many awesome and anointed leaders, and we embarked on a study journey that would prepare us staff pastors to preach in our respected areas on the subject of worship. After much study on this subject, I was astonished with some of the Biblical information which we discovered. For example, I became aware of the fact that it is only corporate praise that builds God the Father a throne to be seated on, Psalm 22:3. Also, I discovered that many times when kings of old would be seated upon their thrones they would issue judgements. Then I found out that when God is enthroned upon our praise to Him, He is indeed speaking. He is actually commanding blessings over us, His people, Psalm 133:1-3. What is it He is saying? Does the word of God give us any insight to what is being said? Well you guessed it, the answer is yes. Actually, Jesus is present in our worship service as well, Hebrews 2:12, and He is speaking what The Father is declaring over us from the throne room of heaven. I have only shard bits and pieces with you in this blog post. For more on this subject please visit www.thibfirstag.org and go to the messages link and find the message entitled, "Life Forevermore" and listen to the full message. If you will do this then I promise you will never look at worship time the same on your church attendances days. Plus, you will see how God the Father and Christ the Son are both speaking to us all during our worship time. It is my prayer that these truths will add to your walk of faith as they have mine.

Pastor John E. Skipworth, Jr.
II Peter 2:19

No comments:

Post a Comment