Thursday, March 14, 2013

Dear my brother in Christ


Dear my brother in Christ,

It is my desire to communicate the entirety of God with my futile vocabulary in this letter. I truly know that is a huge feat with such a small upstanding. I only hope & pray that it would be the inspiration of the Holy Spirit that would reveal to you the message that He has birthed in me.

To begin, I would like to chose the text of 2 Corinthians 13:14, "May the love of God, the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, & the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with your spirit." In this short verse we come to understand the tri-unity of God & the chief attribute of each person.

Creation itself bears witness that there is a Creator. This Creator also created man. Our text suggest that God is a loving God & this truth is supported in many other places in Scripture. Out of this love, we have the awesome privilege of knowing Him & experiencing His love. Truly this is why we exist. To know & experience the love of God.  Do you?

Next, we see in our text that the person of Jesus distributes grace from the Godhead. This is not a cheap grace. It is very costly; it cost Him His own earthly life- one that He willingly surrendered so that you & I could be covered with His sinless sacrifice. This grace is our cleansing that has the power to forever separate us from our past. It is also the undeserved favor that we did not earn but will be needed to go on unto higher heights & endeavor onto deeper depths.

Lastly in the text we come to address the fellowship of the Holy Spirit. Let me be very plain with you: where you are, you are going to need this divine fellowship. He is a voice that will comfort & instruct. He is the power that you will need to make tough decisions. He is also the power that you will never be able to effectively witness without. One last truth, my friend; only by receiving Him can you have the love of God spread in your heart.

All of this is only received & experienced in our lives if we are honest with ourselves & will admit our need to have this God come into our lives & captivate our every desire. I simply appeal to you out of love because I now live a life that was forever changed by this God. So please search your heart, be honest with yourself, bow your knee, surrender your heart & let Him free, forgive, & fortify you.

                                Love In Christ, John E. Skipworth, Jr.
                                          2 Corinthians 13:14

No comments:

Post a Comment